Thursday, 23 June 2011

Olympic hopefuls!

Everyone at the agency has their own perspective on London 2012. Not only is it a prime business opportunity but a chance to be involved at lots of levels.

Our experienced event manager Jo has applied to be a volunteer event hostess for the duration of the London 2012 and the Paralympic Games, and has now been invited to an interview in July. Very exciting - wishing you lots of luck Jo!

And the ticket lottery has resulted in a couple of successes……

Our Finance Manager Fiona, says: “I applied for a few because I love watching sport, most sports really – even snooker (possibly draw the line at darts) and I love an occasion. I watch the Olympics every time and if I could I’d spend the whole time in front of the TV – same goes for Wimbledon, golf (go Rory!)…so I cannot imagine not applying for tickets for the Olympics. Even if I hadn’t got any I’d be going down to sample the atmosphere – it will be electric.

“I have been allocated tickets for the show jumping - up until a few years ago I’d always owned horses and love watching them and I’ve also got tickets for the canoe slalom. I know this is an odd choice, but I watched it over a couple of days at Bejing and thought it was marvelous. So I just put the application in as I though it wouldn’t be as popular and I’d be more likely to get tickets. I also applied for cycling (no chance) and 100m final (even less chance)….but I’m happy with what I’ve got.”

Nikki, our Marcomms Manager, knows she has some tickets but still doesn’t know what event they will be for. “It’s either Water Polo, Diving, Tennis or Athletics – well someone has to get them! It was really hard to whittle it down from the list of ten supplied by the kids. In reality I know the event won’t really matter to them – it’s all about the experience and hopefully something they’ll always remember.”

If you want to make the Olympics a special time for staff, do get in touch to find out about the possibilities corporate engagement campaigns offer.

Jo Fahey - Sales Manager
t: 01509 815026
e: joanne@thephoenixpartners.com

No comments: