
In the light of the Danish ban on Marmite, we thought we’d take a straw poll around the office to see what thoughts there were about the black gooey stuff that has a love or hate reaction associated with it and not really anything in between.
Nina’s views are as follows: "Marmite – Couldn’t even imagine eating it, the thought of doing so makes me want to be sick!" - which is a pretty conclusive no then!
However, Fiona who works in Finance says she LOVES marmite, but only on toast. She continued, “I’ve heard there is a new OX version, as in extra strong – can’t wait to get my hands on it. If I lived in Denmark I’d be smuggling it in.”
Gita who has recently obtained approval for our ISO 9001:2008 accreditation for another year said: "I absolutely hate it – which is odd cos I love twiglets. Oooh, I also can’t bear any variable like vegemite and own brand “yeast extract” (Yum!) and the like. My brother loves it though and used to torment me as a child by “accidentally on purpose” smearing it on my toast. Screaming fits ensued."
Personally I love the stuff… and use it as often as I can – on toast with scrambled eggs on top is a personal favourite. If you’ve had it as a child it really is, and to quote one of their old catchphrases, ‘the growing up spread you never grow out of.’ The Danes are banning it because it has been fortified with vitamins. They also banned Ovaltine I understand. Which begs the question whether cereals will be next. Seems kind of excessive behaviour, but then it kind of goes with the territory of the marmite love / hate brand.
We’re having a rebrand in October, we hope you’ll love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment