Thursday, 7 July 2011

How to Haiku?

Following on from our blog about our fabulous photo wall, here’s another insight into a half day creative enjoyed by one of our team members Gita. Haiku verse, for anyone who hasn’t come across it before, is a short form of Japanese poetry typically characterised by three qualities; the juxtaposition of two images or ideas, three phrases consisting of 17 syllables, and a reference to the natural world.

A four pronged attack.
A silvery impaler
Of delicate flesh
- what am I?

Guardian of the hearth,
Constraining wild and
Untrammelled passion within.
- what am I?

His life. His passion.
His very soul. A
Metallic stallion rampant.
- what am I?

Sweet chapel of ease.
Fragrant off’rings left
At this porcelain altar
- what am I?

Pixelated seduction.
Enraptured, through the
Square window we fall.
- what am I?

Encircled by iron,
Steaming with anger,
Now shrieking for attention.
- what am I?

English dragon, he
Wears a coat of fire.
A kings sword is less mighty
- who am I?

Have fun working out what these are. If you get stuck email us at office@thephoenixpartners.com and we’ll reveal all.

No comments: