Monday, 10 January 2011

Another Year Over etc...

I never want to let go of Christmas after it’s finished. I am that annoying person that all those people with busy schedules over Christmas hate. The one who is so disgustingly happy and excited about Christmas every single year that I start hanging decorations in October! The one who no matter how much I have going on, or how many things go wrong I simply cannot shake the smile of my face because I love this time of year the most. All the best things happen at Christmas and I really am sad and upset to see the end of it this year.

We had snow! The first truly white christmas for decades and along with the school children, I was out there on my sledge throwing myself down ridiculously steep hills at ‘God-knows-what’ miles per hour! And building snow men, and having snow ball fights and even occasionally falling flat on my backside down some icy street or another. You don’t get much more story book Christmassy than that!

I must also describe (quickly, so you don’t get too jealous) our fantastic trip to Budapest! The entire city was coated in a blanket of crunchy snow and there was even a Christmas market just 5 minutes away from the utterly divine hotel where we stayed. A taste of some Hungarian goulash and a mug full of hot mulled wine were a must, as our toes froze walking around the city! Everyone had a wonderful time and there’s a rumor that we will have a short film of ‘The Phoenix Partners in Budapest’ arriving very soon; so watch this space!

I do now, however, have to admit that with the New Year upon us it’s time to make decisions about what we’re going to do differently this time. How we can keep up our New Year resolutions (no more big bags of chocolate buttons for lunch for me!) and most importantly, what new people, stories and adventures are out there for us to find in 2011.

No comments: