What makes a successful incentive scheme? Let’s be honest, it’s all about the gifts. A scheme can be well run, effectively publicised to staff and within budget, but if the gift isn’t fantastic, then really - why bother?
So, how about an all expenses paid week on an exclusive, tropical island? Sorry, but I hate flying and the sunshine will bring me out in hives. There really is no pleasing some people and that is the challenge for incentive schemes. Incentive gifts need to be as varied as the incentive participants.
Aspiration is very personal. Some people will respond to long term targets and some need instant gratification, some will love a holiday and some will want an i-pod. There are also those who will use their rewards to buy gifts for others, making the ‘customer’ demographic as easy to pin down as fog.
That is why www.incentivise-me.com was created and this is how part of my job became the search for what everybody wants. How fantastic, shopping in the name of work! And it would be, if I were buying for me - but I’m not – I’m buying for you. I am a personal shopper for thousands of people that I have never met. Imagine having to buy all the Christmas presents for the extended family of a person randomly selected from a phone book in another country – without even talking to them. Challenging - certainly, Brilliant – definitely.
So ... how am I doing? Why don’t you have a look and tell me?
justine@thephoenixpartners.com
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment